So, you left the hospital with these strange things hanging from your side. They’re a necessary evil (a chronic seroma – which is what you might be left with if you had no drains – is worse) but they can be a real pain. Hopefully our little kit will help you stress less about your drain(s). Included:
- The Drain Solution™ 100% Cotton Flannel belt / lanyard backed with Velcro® loop (the soft side).
- Versatile, with two ways to comfortably support surgical drains.
- Machine washable, hang to dry.
- No metal, no latex.
- If you know you’ll have drains when you head home, bring it with you to your procedure.
- Patent pending.
- 100mL Measuring Beakers (2) – Use these to measure your drain output.
- Drain Output Record – Empty your drains at least once a day or if full. Record the output each time you empty them, keeping track of how much comes out of each drain. Your doctor will most likely be interested in 24 hour totals. A .pdf is available here if you need additional sheets.
- Drain Care 101 – My pearls for caring for drains. If this guide varies from your doctor’s instructions, please defer to your surgeon.
- Latex-free Gloves (10) – The fluid in the drains won’t hurt you but if you feel better handling your drains with gloves on, go for it. These are to help with the icky-factor, you don’t need to worry about your hands contaminating the drain system.
- Gauze (10) – Non-sterile, 16-ply, 100% cotton 4 x 4 gauze. Padding around where the drain exits your skin helps with comfort. Gauze around the drain site will also wick away any leakage. These are non-sterile, your skin has bacteria on it already so sterility doesn’t really add anything here & there’s almost no way you’d get the dressing on at home without contaminating it anyway. Sterile isn’t necessary, just clean.
- Shower Lanyard – This is what holds your drains when you’re naked, unless you want to shower with a partner for the next few weeks. Clip the drain loops to the carabineer & slip the lanyard around your neck. Ta-Da, drain suspension sans-clothing.
- Cosmetic Bag.
Made in USA
Made from Recycled Materials