Having a baby is kind of operative – right? I know everyone is into “the experience” and making childbirth less clinical but the bottom line is you’ll have fluids leaking from places they don’t usually leak from, swelling in not so fun places, and a general screwing up of your body for weeks afterward; all while you’re probably not sleeping and are freaking out just a little about this Mommy stuff. Let us help.
Items in a Mom Bag™ by Post-Op Provisions® are divided into a few categories:
- Perineal care. Hopefully everything you need to help “down there”. Included:
- Ice packs and sleeves.
- Maxipads (with wings).
- Peri-bottle caps (to attach to any water or soda bottle).
- Wipes that don’t dissolve when you use them (like TP can).
- Dermoplast® anesthetic spray.
- Epsom salt. Use it for soaks in your tub or Sitz bath.
- Not sexy (but comfortable and disposable) mesh panties.
- Tucks® pads.
- Breast care. Even if you’re not breastfeeding, the girls are still going through some things after childbirth. Included:
- Hydrogel nipple pads.
- Disposable Nursing pads.
- Nipple Butter.
- Help with Constipation. Unfortunately, you still have to poop after you have a baby. That being true, make it as easy as possible – you don’t need new problems. Included:
- Miralax® powder.
- Fleets® enemas.
- General supplies. These are some personal care items as well as things to protect your house from all the leaking fluids. Included:
- Chux pads. Small, waterproof sheets to lay or sit on if you’re worried about making a mess on your sheets/couch/favorite chair…
- Sleep mask. You need to sleep when you can, even if that annoying sun is up.
- Ear plugs. Again the sleep thing.
- Dry Shampoo. You think you’ll have time to shower?? In case you can’t for a while.
- No Rinse Body Wash. See above.
- Hand lotion. Hospitals and narcotics can be very drying.
- Unscented, aluminum-free deodorant.
- Lip Balm. All natural, nice to have on hand.
5. An awesome bag. Once you’re through this postpartum stuff use it for the gym, grocery shopping, or as a diaper bag.