All-in-one kit suitable for use after just about any procedure. Medical stuff to keep you from freaking out, pampering stuff to make the whole process less icky. Our Basics Box + Toiletry Kit.
Just the facts, ma’am. This box will get you through. It’s the bare minimum of medical supplies for post-op use.
- Gauze (10) – Non-sterile, 16-ply, 100% cotton 4" x 4" gauze.
- Tape – “the good tape”, 2” x 2 yds tape, latex free.
- Cold & Hot Packs (2) – 4" x 4” plush-backed packs that can be frozen or heated. Ice generally shouldn’t be used for more that 15 minutes at a time and shouldn’t be placed on insensate skin (skin that has no feeling).
- Polyethylene Glycol Powder Packets (4) – 17gms / packet. Osmotic laxative (draws water into your stool), helps with constipation caused by pain pills. Dissolve in 8oz. of any liquid & take once daily. Almost everyone needs a little help pooping while on narcotics. Temporary.
- Carbona® Stain Devil #4 – Stain remover specifically for blood & other body fluids. Hopefully gets ick out of your clothes & bedding.
- GoLightly® Sugar-Free Hard Candy (10) – Narcotics and hospitals can dry your mouth. Hard candy increases saliva production so your mouth feels less like a desert.
- Adhesive Remover Pads (10) – Do you need everyone to know what color sweater you wore yesterday? This stuff gets all that lint-attracting sticky stuff off your skin. Goo-gone® for people.
- Alcohol Swabs (10) – Helps get über-durable surgical preps off your skin and removes skin oils so tape sticks better when re-applying dressings.
- 5" x 7" x 4”-ish Kraft paper wrapped box – made from 100% recycled materials in the USA. Has any number of uses after you’ve healed. First-aid kit, make-up box, place to keep your ever-expanding collection of charging cords…
Here’s where the pampering really comes in. This little kit contains things you might not otherwise use or have around and stuff that will help make your recovery just a little more comfortable.
- Not Your Mother's® Dry Shampoo – Greasy hair, what greasy hair? Spray this stuff on and it absorbs scalp oil. Helps with the post-op bad hair day.
- No Rinse® Body wash – Hikers use this stuff to help with funk when there’s no water. Dab on a washcloth & use to clean your smelly parts until you can bathe.
- Arbonne® Ultra-Hydrating FC5 hand crème – Everything gets dry in the hospital. Having something to help with sand-paper hands is essential. Light fragrance, vegan, gluten free (does hand lotion usually contain gluten?), not-greasy.
- I Love My Armpits™ Unscented Deodorant – Gentle odor eater. All natural, aluminum, paraben, gluten (??) free. Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Arrow Root Powder, Brown Rice Flour, Sea Clay, Betonite Clay, Neem Seed Oil.
- POP Lip Balm – All-natural, unscented balm for the dry lips that go with your dry mouth and hands. Soothing.
- Sleep mask – your sleep cycle may not match up with your family’s cycle (or the sun) for the first few days at home. Helps shut out what’s going on around you when you need to crash.
- Mack’s® Silicone Ear Plugs – Mask for your eyes, plugs for your ears. Create your own sleep schedule. Listen to your body, if you’re tired, sleep.
- TSA Compliant cosmetic bag – if you’re flying to your surgical facility, this kit is airport ready. Just pull it out as your 3-1-1.
Made in USA
Made from Recycled Materials